News and Events

Bringing you latest News and Events for the Science for Sustainability project.

Saturday 16 December 2006

English Is Not The World's Language!

Somewhere near the start of this project I imagined having the website in multiple languages. I knew from my Postdoc that the widely-held perception of English being a de facto standard for the world's population is, of course, completely unfounded. Moreover, this misconception actually inhibits progress and particularly in Education.

So I asked a few friends if they could translate the website. As my own language abilities are truly lacking then I'm afraid I expect my own contributions will be mainly in English (we're all hypocrites :) However, it looks like a dear friend will try to translate the main pages to French. C'est une excellent début!

Should anyone want to try to translate the main web pages to another language, particularly one that is spoken by a wide cross-section of the world population, please do get in touch. We may be able to reimburse you for your time and effort.

I do believe there's a need for 'the message' to be spread far and wide and especially not just to English speakers but to some of the people on our planet who may actually be the ones currently suffering the most from our collective ills.

No comments: